Published: 03/22/2013 - Updated: 03/08/2018
These cake recipes that we have chosen can be consumed by all people who like healthy food, even celiac patients, as none of these cake recipes contain gluten. Gluten is present in wheat, barley, oats and rye. However, there are many grains that Celiacs can consume, like yucca flour, cassava, amaranth, chickpea, rice, corn, etc.. If you are a celiac, make sure that your workplace is always very clean, as well as your table, utensils, and always check product labels when you buy them, making sure they are gluten free.
Chocolate cake for Celiacs
• 300 gr. brown sugar
• 200 gr. butter or butter
• 150 gr. chocolate (bitter or semi bitter if you do not like very sweet)
• 250 gr. cornmeal
• 150 gr. rice flour
• 6 eggs
• 6 teaspoons of self-rising starch
• a pinch of salt
1. Beat butter with sugar or cream, slowly add the beaten egg yolks while continuing to work to point. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate in a double boiler. When warm add to the mixture.
2. Then, add flour, powder and salt self-raising flour, all well sifted. Whisk the beaten egg whites to peaks and then add them to the preparation, wrapping one side of the mixture over another. Place in a greased and floured pan.
3. The oven should be hot when you put the cake in, then reduce the temperature to a minimum, and bake for 50 minutes
4. You can make muffins with the same recipe. You can also stuff it with dulce de leche in the following manner. Place a bit of the preparation in cupcakes, then add confectioner’s dulce de leche, and lastly, cover with more of the preparation, and then place it in oven.
Raspberry Cheese Cake
– ½ kg of white cheese (brand permitted)
– ¾ cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 3 tablespoons cream
– 1 cup raspberry jam
– A dash of vanilla,
– ½ tbsp cornstarch
– Grated lemon rind
– Crunch and crushed cookies that are fit for Celiacs
1. Grease a 26 cm pan and moisten the crushed cookies with a little milk.
2. Place them at the base of the pan, then mix the remaining ingredients in a blender and pour the mixture over the cookies.
3. Heat the oven and cook for about 40 minutes on low heat until golden brown. Remove from the oven and do not take out of the pan until it is nice and cool. Serve with a glass of cold soy milk.
• 200 gr. fine corn flour. If you live in Mexico, rememver that cornstarch contains gluten. You can replace it with rice flour or tapioca.
• 180 gr. brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 80 gr. olive oil
• 85 gr. milk
• ½ yeast packet
• grated zest from 1 lemon
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Oil for frying.
1. In a bowl, place the egg and beat it with oil and milk until well mixed.
2. Add brown sugar, the cinnamon, the lemon zest and yeast.
3. Finally add the flour gradually and knead into a fine and uniform paste.
4. Make small doughnuts with the doug, and fry them in hot olive oil. Soak up the oil with absorbent paper towels and once drained and still warm, roll in a mixture made with half a cup of brown sugar and cinnamon to taste…
LEMON PIE WITH RICE FLOUR
• 125 gr. rice flour.
• 100 gr. brown sugar
• 8 egg yolks
• 9 egg whites
• Butter (necessary)
• grated lemon zest
• one tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon rice flour, for bread
1. preheat oven to 180 º.
2. Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Separate the yolks from the whites.
4. Beat the yolks well in a bowl.
5. Add to flour and sugar, along with the juice of lemon and zest. Mix well.
6. Beat the egg whites into peaks and add to the mixture, stirring well to mix.
7. Coat the pan with butter and sprinkle with rice flour.
8. Pour the contents into the mold.
9. Put it in the oven for 40 minutes.
10. Serve cold.
• Manioc starch 10,000 g
• Water 7 l
• Salt 200 g
• Milk powder 500 g
• Ascorbic acid 2 g
• Sunflower oil 0.5 l
• 250 g brown sugar
• 50 g guar gum
• Egg whites 2 l
• Yeast 400g
• One cup sesame oil
1. Dough: If only the starch is kneaded with water, the body offers a high resistance to kneading seems very consistent. But if you don’t knead it, the dough tends to be semi-liquid. The main reason for adding guar gum and egg whites is to serve as a thickener, achieving two outcomes: this reduces the dough’s hardness and the tendency it has to become more liquid when still. At the same time, it increases the gas retention capacity and the qualities of bread are significantly enhanced.
2. If mixed in the blender, kneading should take approximately 10 minutes. The sesame and yeast should be added at the end of the kneading, to reduce premature gasification.
3. The sugar added will make the bread turn golden soon after baking, and will also prevent it from drying out. It will also positively impact how it preserves.
4. Fermentation and baking: Once mixed, and as quickly as possible (without rising), divide and shape the dough and place it in a pan. Let it ferment at a temperature of 30 º C and a humidity of 75%.
5. Once you’ve reached maximum volume, and before it shows signs of deflating, bake with steam for 25 minutes at a temperature of 210 º C.
6. OPTION: You can also add chocolate or cocoa to your bread for the cake recipes.